Having to deal with certain stomach issues like diarrhea, gastritis, or stomach bugs, is no walk in the park as these problems need treatment as soon as you start experiencing symptoms. Fortunately, there are also some highly effective natural treatments. In this article, we will tell you how to identify four of the most common stomach diseases and how to naturally treat them.
1. Stomach Bug
You can figure out that you have a stomach bug very easily because there are not many diseases that cause you as much discomfort as this one. Being unable retain food in your stomach makes you extremely weak and one of the first things that you need to do is to find some natural remedies.
Vomiting is usually good when you have a stomach bug, but it is very important what you are doing afterward. You can check out this article on some of the very best stomach bug home remedies and why some are better than others. Here are our picks:
- Mashed potatoes will help you regain your strength in no time and it is one of the easiest foods that your stomach can accept in this situation. Don’t add seasonings and eat them very slowly so that your stomach will react well. The nutrients in this particular food will help you feel much better;
- Salty pretzels are another nice remedy for stomach bug because the salt they contain will help you retain fluids. However, eat only one pretzel (or cracker) first to see how your body reacts. If all goes well, start eating more, but don’t exaggerate! In time, you will be able to eat more foods;
- Clear fluids are very good when you cannot keep anything down. Drink clear chicken or bone broth, unsweetened teas or electrolyte drinks. These liquids will make your stomach feel better and you will regain your strength. They will also keep dehydration at bay;
- Bananas, both ripe and green, are a very efficient way to treat stomach bugs at home. Because of the potassium, magnesium, and pectin in them, they will help your stomach as they are also very easy to digest. Eat two or three of them daily.
Diarrhea is one of the most common stomach problems that can cause you severe discomfort. You have diarrhea when the movements of your bowel are very frequent, loose, or even watery. If left untreated, it can cause you severe dehydration and in some extreme cases, even death. Diarrhea can be either chronic, in which case it can last up to three weeks or more, or acute, which lasts for a short period of time. Thankfully, there are some natural remedies that can help you treat this stomach disease and make you feel better quickly. Here are some of them:
- Easy to digest foods: avoid eating too much food because you will put your stomach to too much work. Try to eat small quantities of fruits like bananas, apples, whole grains, and rice. You can also try smoothies made of various fruits. Moreover, steam vegetables to make them easy to digest. Still, pay close attention to how your stomach reacts because there have been cases in which people began feeling worse after eating too much natural sugar;
- Ginger and raw honey are two other alternatives when it comes to treating diarrhea naturally. You can add a small quantity of ginger root to herbal tea and some raw honey to soothe the irritation of your stomach. This method works for almost everybody;
- Fluids are probably the most important when you want to avoid the dehydration caused by diarrhea. Drink about 16 ounces of fluids every hour to avoid feeling dizzy. You can also drink bone or chicken broth, unsweetened teas, fresh vegetable juice, or even coconut water.
3. Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s Disease comes with an inflamed digestive tract, which leads to severe diarrhea, strong abdominal pain, weight loss, fatigue, and sometimes malnutrition. There are cases when Crohn’s Disease can lead to debilitating or life-threatening complications, which is why you need to treat it. Luckily, there are some effective natural remedies that can soothe the symptoms of this stomach disease:
- Aloe Vera can help because its juice ameliorates your bowel issues. However, see how your body reacts and stop drinking it if anything seems unusual;
- Turmeric is yet another unusual home treatment for Crohn’s, but one that works nonetheless. The curcumin in it plays a very important role because it fights inflammation. You can consume it as tea or extract but don’t do it for too long. When you start feeling better, stop taking turmeric because it can affect your digestion;
- Probiotics and prebiotics also help greatly in fighting Crohn’s Disease. Probiotics can restore the balance in your gut by adding some extra good germs. The best probiotics include yogurt, miso, or various tablets. Prebiotics help good bacteria thrive in your digestive tract and you can get them from bananas, asparagus, onions, or dandelion greens.
When your stomach lining becomes inflamed, that’s usually referred to as gastritis. H. pylori bacteria, too much alcohol, or pain medication are among the leading causes of this stomach disease. It usually causes nausea, vomiting, and an unpleasant feeling in the abdomen. Among the best natural remedies for it are:
- Green tea and raw honey are one of the best combinations when it comes to soothing the symptoms of gastritis. This will make your digestion a lot easier and give your strength back. However, only drink it once a week;
- Probiotics can help you, for the same reasons they are also good for all the other stomach diseases mentioned above;
- Garlic extract will work only if your gastritis is caused by the pylori bacteria. Crush raw garlic and consume the extract that you obtain to kill the bacteria.
All in all, it seems that some of the most common stomach diseases can actually be treated with easy to find natural remedies. However, even if these solutions make you feel better and alleviate the symptoms, you should always go see a doctor. This is the best way to make sure that things won’t go downhill and that you will make a full recovery.