Hemorrhoids also known as piles are painful and can happen to anyone at any stage of their life. Piles are swellings that contain engorged blood vessels which are found in or around the rectum or the anus. You can treat hemorrhoids successfully. Here is how to get rid of hemorrhoids fast, naturally, permanently or for good at home.
Can you get rid of hemorrhoids permanently or for good?
Can you really get rid of hemorrhoids permanently for god? Anybody who has suffered from hemorrhoids before will tell you how annoying and uncomfortable the condition can be. Hemorrhoids or piles as said can occur to anyone regardless of age or gender. Hemorrhoids can occur as a result of pregnancy, poor diet, straining during bowel movement or as a result of repeated bouts of constipation.
Piles or hemorrhoids are essentially varicose veins that form in your rectum or anus due to pressure on that part of the body. Hemorrhoids will often swell, bleed or itch, this can be uncomfortable and difficult to manage. The condition generally is not serious, however, those with a condition such as liver cirrhosis or those on blood thinner may at times experience prolonged and significant bleeding.
That should not, however, scare you, there are fortunately different methods to get rid of hemorrhoids for good and prevent them from returning. Sometimes hemorrhoids don’t cause symptom and some people may even fail to realize they have them. For some people, however, the piles may show symptoms which will include the following:
- Bleeding especially after passing stool
- Redness, soreness and swelling around your anus
- Mucus discharge from the penis
- Painful lump hanging down outside the anus
- Painless bleeding
- Pain during bowel movements and when sitting down
Most of these symptoms will clear up on their own or with over the counter medications. This, however, does not mean you cannot get the hemorrhoids again. The best way to get rid of hemorrhoids permanently is by having the underlying cause of the hemorrhoids treated. Doctors or general practitioner can often diagnose hemorrhoids using a simple internal examination of the anus.
For detail diagnosis, a general practitioner will have to refer you to a colorectal specialist for diagnosis and treatment. You do not need to be embarrassed by hemorrhoids, they are common and by so doing you stand high chances of treating the condition permanently.
Getting rid of hemorrhoids permanently will greatly depend on the underlying cause of the hemorrhoids. The common cause of hemorrhoids is thought to be too much straining on the toilet, this is commonly caused as a result of prolonged constipation. Constipation is caused by lack of fiber in a person’s diet. Other possible causes of piles will include:
- Chronic or long-term diarrhea
- weak body supporting tissues
- Sitting down for long
- Those with family history of hemorrhoid stand higher chances of developing the hemorrhoids
So how then can you get rid of piles for good? Most of the symptoms of hemorrhoids will settle down after a few days without the need for treatment. Making a lifestyle change to reduce the strain on blood vessel around the anus is often the most recommend option to reduce the chances of getting the hemorrhoids. Other methods of getting rid of piles in women and men include:
- Increasing the amount of fiber in your diet, you will need to increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables, wholegrain rice nuts and oats and other fiber rich foods.
- You will also need to drink plenty of water and cut down on caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid straining or ignoring the urge to empty your bowel
- You will need to avoid drugs that cause constipation
- Loss weight and keep fit by exercising regularly, this will help prevent constipation, reduce your blood pressure and help maintain good body weight.
How to get rid of hemorrhoids fast, overnight
Getting rid of hemorrhoids fast or overnight will fast involve avoiding the underlying cause of the hemorrhoids. The treatment will also depend on where the hemorrhoids are located. The hemorrhoids can either be external or internal. Internal hemorrhoids are those located inside the rectum, on the other hand, external hemorrhoids are located outside the anus and can easily be seen.
To get rid of hemorrhoids fast, overnight, you can use the following treatment options.
1. Sitz bath to heal hemorrhoids fast
A sitz bath is a warm shallow bath that cleanses the space between the rectum and the scrotum. Apart from being used for everyday personal hygiene, it can also be used to provide relief from pain or itching in the genital area. You don’t require a doctor’s prescription to use a sitz bath. You can give yourself a sitz bath in your bathtub or with a plastic kit that you can fit in.
Apart from cleansing, a sitz bath can also promote faster healing by increasing blood flow to the perineal area. The bath can also help relieve other symptoms such as itching, irritation and minor pain. So a sitz bath is quite useful if:
- You’ve recently had surgery on vulva or vagina
- You’ve recently given birth
- You have discomfort from hemorrhoids
- You have discomfort with bowel movements
Here’s how to heal hemorrhoids fast using an Epsom salt sitz bath:
- Clean and rinse your bathtub or a basin
- Fill the bathtub with 3 to 4 inches of water. The water should be warm and not hot enough to cause burns and discomfort
- Add 2 tablespoon of Epsom salt or any substance your doctor might have prescribed for the bath
- Gently stir to mix
- Step into the bathtub and soak your anal area for 20 to 30 minutes
- If you are using a basin, you will need to sit in it so that your anal area is completely soaked in the Epsom solution
- Do this twice or thrice daily to heal piles quickly.
A sitz bath carries very little risk of harm because it is a noninvasive treatment option. However, some people may experience an infection of the perineum as a result of a sitz bath. This is rare, and may only happen if you are caring for a surgical wound and don’t clean the tub or plastic bath thoroughly.
- Keep the area clean
To get rid of the hemorrhoids fast, try to keep the anal area clean as much as possible. Instead of using a dry toilet paper, you can clean the anal area with warm water. Wash your anal area gently with warm water and a mild soap to avoid irritating the hemorrhoids and worsening the pain. After doing so, use a clean soft towel to dry the area.
When the hemorrhoids are accompanied by bleeding that occurs frequently in the anal section, you will need to change your undergarments often. If this is not done, the dirty underpants could cause new problems. If you do not want to do this, then you can use a panty liner which will help soothe the irritation of the hemorrhoids.
Not keeping your anal area clean might lead to the hemorrhoids becoming more inflamed than usual. When the infected area is always exposed to dirt, there are high chances that the area might become more infected. To get rid of hemorrhoids, you will need to shower daily and make sure your anal area remains dry and clean.
3) Don’t wipe your rectal area with anything dry
With hemorrhoids, using dry wipes or toilet paper can scratch and tear at the swollen and inflamed veins. It recommended that instead of using dry toilet paper, you could use unscented baby wipes or flushable wipes instead.
The other option is to clean your anal area with water and a mild soap after. This is the best way to reduce irritation and make sure your anal area remains clean and free from infection. Avoid using wipes with fragrance or alcohol as these may irritate hemorrhoids.
4) Drink plenty of water
The other thing you need to do to get rid of the hemorrhoids is drink plenty of fluids. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your body hydrated. Dehydration causing constipation is a major cause of hemorrhoids. Apart from doing this, you will need to eat foods rich fiber, this will include eating plenty of fluids, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you still feel like you are dehydrated or having constipation, don’t be afraid to use stool softeners if necessary.
5) Use apple cider vinegar
A natural apple cider vinegar is the other best way to get rid of the hemorrhoids. Natural apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties, anti-itching and it also contains antibacterial properties. The remedy is also antiseptic, apart from relieving the inflammation caused by the hemorrhoids, apple cider vinegar will help reduce the itching and pain.
Apple cider will also help prevent and fight the infection that might accompany the hemorrhoids. To use apple cider as a remedy to get rid of the hemorrhoids, do the following
- Wash your anal area with lukewarm water and a mild soap
- Dab to dry the area with a clean, soft towel
- Dip a clean cotton swab in a dilute solution of natural apple cider vinegar
- Gently dab the solution in on the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes
- Wear loose cloth to avoid irritating the area
- Repeat this twice daily for optimal result.
Get rid of hemorrhoids naturally
Hemorrhoids are common and harmless. They are however annoying and causes a lot of discomforts. For mild cases of hemorrhoid, one can easily get rid of them and other symptoms using simple and naturally remedies. It is thus possible to treat hemorrhoids without surgery. When using natural methods to treat external or internal piles, you will need to:
- Make sure to keep your body hydrated
- Exercise regularly
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Avoid holding in stool
Some of the natural remedies you could use will include the following:
1) Witch hazel
Apart from using apple cider vinegar, you could use a solution of witch hazel. Witch hazel can help get rid of hemorrhoids fast. When used, it works by reducing pain, itching and bleeding, this way the hemorrhoids are able to fade out slowly.
Just as when using apple cider, you will need to apply little amounts of witch hazel regularly on the inflamed area for long relief from the hemorrhoids. In itself, witch hazel is a multipurpose skin care remedy. It can be used to offer relief for very may skin condition such as itching, inflammation and irritation, all possible symptoms of hemorrhoids.
2) Cold compress
A cold compress is the other easy way to get rid of hemorrhoids fast. When used a cold compress will help the hemorrhoids to shrink and become small in size. This is the best remedy especially for external hemorrhoids (those that come out of the anus). Cold compress all reduces pain and offer instant relief from itching.
Once the swelling is reduced, it becomes easy to pass stool. The easiest way to perform a cold compress is to wrap some ice cube in a cloth and then apply it directly over the hemorrhoids. Doing this repeatedly help to constrict the blood vessels thus reducing the hemorrhoids overnight.
3) Lemon juice
The other simple remedy you could use to get rid of hemorrhoids overnight is a lemon. The antioxidants present in lemon helps in curing and getting rid of the hemorrhoids. You could use lemon by either applying it directly on the infected area or consuming it to reap the nutritional benefit.
Lemon is a good remedy for reducing pain and inflammation. When consumed, lemon juice absorbs in the gastrointestinal system thus helps regulate bowel movements.
4) Olive oil
Another great ingredient you can use to get rid of hemorrhoids overnight is olive oil. Olive oil contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the area and reduce the discomfort caused by piles. When applied, olive oil increases the elasticity of the blood vessel reducing the trauma of passing hard stool.
You could also choose to consume a small amount of olive oil in foods regularly, this may improve the functionality of your bowel movements. This is due to the presences of monounsaturated fatty acids contained in olive oil.
5) Aloe Vera
The other strong and most effective remedy you could use to get rid of the hemorrhoids overnight is aloe Vera. The strong anti-inflammatory properties of aloe Vera will help resolve most Vera will help resolve most of the symptoms of hemorrhoids in a fast and easy way.
For internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids, you will need to:
- apply the fresh gel from aloe Vera leaves ii
- Cut a leave of aloe Vera length wise to squeeze the gel,
- using a clean cotton swab, apply the gel on the infected area,
- do this repeatedly in intervals of 3 hours
- This will help soothe and hydrate the swollen veins.
To get rid of piles during pregnancy or after giving birth, the best option will be to use a sitz bath. A herbal sitz bath speeds up the body natural healing process. As mentioned, a sitz bath is a small tub that fits allowing you to sit in warm water up to your hips. For a natural sitz bath, you will need the following ingredients: a half cup of Epsom salt, two tablespoon of baking soda, two tablespoon of witch hazel, olive oil, some drops of lavender oil and some solution of chamomile essential oil.
Home remedies to get rid of internal hemorrhoids
Internal hemorrhoids are located within the lower rectum. They are high enough in that they can remain unseen. Internal hemorrhoids are painless can remain undetected for long. The reason they are painless is because there are very few pain-sensing nerves in this region.
Most internal hemorrhoids can be shown by the existence of bleeding, a prolapse or as a result of the hemorrhoids getting big enough to come outside the anal sphincter. Most cases of internal hemorrhoids can be managed and controlled at home. Below are some of the available home remedies you could use to get rid of internal hemorrhoids.
To get rid of internal hemorrhoids and prevent them coming out and causing more pain and discomfort, you will need to:
- Stick to vegetables and fruits which are a rich source of fiber
- Avoid sitting or standing in the same position for long, walk for some minutes after sitting or standing for long.
- Avoid holding in stool
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Cold compress
- Apply some witch hazel
Home remedies for external piles
External piles or hemorrhoids can have a sever effect on your daily life. This include symptoms such as severe pain while passing stool, bleeding during bowel movements, itching and pain in your anal region. External hemorrhoids can also cause an uncomfortable feeling every time you visit the toilet. Most people will get embarrassed to share the problem and ask for help.
You should not be embarrassed. Hemorrhoids are so common that three out of four adults are at the risk of developing the condition. Unlike internal hemorrhoids which may at times go unnoticed, external hemorrhoids, external hemorrhoids are easily recognized, by symptoms such as itching, bleeding around the anal area, pain and discomfort. External piles can also cause the formation of an extremely painful clot that can need to be lanced or drained.
Most cases of hemorrhoids can be handled at home with simple home remedies. Below are some of the home remedy you might use to relieve the symptoms and get rid of external piles.
- Using ice cubes to perform a cold compress one or twice in a day, this offers relief for the pain, swelling, irritation and itching.
- Sitz bath using natural ingredients like Epsom salt. This is the best remedy for hemorrhoids occurring after surgery or after giving birth.
- A mixture of tea tree oil and olive oil is an effective remedy not only for reducing the swelling caused by the hemorrhoids but also offering relief from other symptoms such as itching, inflammation and irritation.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel on the affected area might also help get rid of external hemorrhoids.
- Another effective remedy for hemorrhoids is acombination of honey, lemon and water
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water to make sure your body remains hydrated, this can also help prevent constipation which might worsen the external hemorrhoids.
- Drinking or applying Apple cider vinegar on the affected area might also help with the external piles.
- How to treat hemorrhoids at home: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/hemorrrhoid-home-care#1
- Effective remedies to get rid of hemorrhoids: http://naturalremedyideas.com/get-rid-of-hemorrhoids/
- How to get rid of hemorrhoids fast: http://www.healththat.com/how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-fast/
- Possible causes of hemorrhoids: http://removehemorrhoidsplan.com/
- Old and new ways to get rid of hemorrhoid fast: http://shrinkinghemorrhoids.com/how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-fast/
- Natural ways to get rid of hemorrhoids: http://naturalhealthbag.com/get-rid-hemorrhoids-fast/
- 1o natural remedies to get rid of hemorrhoids: http://www.davieday.ca/get-rid-hemorrhoids/
- Hemorrhoids home treatment: http://stemprogramme.com/how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-fast-how-to-treat-piles-at-home-naturally-permanently/