Here’s how to get rid of razor burn fast, overnight on face, neck, legs, bikini area, armpits and hands using remedies and natural cures. Can you stop razor burn overnight on legs and on pubic area or bikini? Can the irritation stop even on sensitive skin? Here are tips for women and men, including black men to help you stop razor rash quickly.
A razor burn is an irritation of the skin that may appear after shaving mostly using a blunt razor blade or not using the proper technique of shaving. Razor burn normally appears just a few minutes after shaving and is characteristically red rashes.
How long does razor burn last?
- How long does razor burn last?
- How to get rid of razor burn fast naturally with home remedies
- 1. Shave along the direction of hair growth
- 2. Using cucumber to soothe razor burn in minutes and reduce redness
- 3. Aspirin paste treatment for razor burn
- 4. Black tea bags natural remedy for razor rash
- 5. Cold compress to relieve shaving rash fast
- 6. Tea tree oil
- 7. Baking Soda
- 8. Oatmeal quick way to get rid of razor burn on face
- 9. Aloe vera extract or gel
- 10. How to get rid of razor burn and bumps with Vaseline
- How to cure razor burn under your armpits or underarms
- Can you get rid of razor burn quickly in minutes, now or right away?
- Tips to get rid of razor burn for men on neck under chin, jawline, and face
- Best products for treating razor burn or bumps
- How to get rid of razor burn overnight
- Cures to get rid of razor burn quickly on neck, face, women bikini
- Glycolic acid
- Salicylic acid
- Pain killers
- 1% Hydrocortisone
- Sources and references
How long will razor burn last before going away or healing? Since razor burn is a skin irritation, it will only last as long until you treat it. For most people, the rash can last about 24 hours, while for others, it will last up to 48 hours or two days before it starts to go away.
Men and women with sensitive skin might suffer razor rash for longer than people with a normal skin. The reason why razor burn will last longer on a sensitive skin is that it gets more irritated and aggravated than other skin types. If you want to get rid of razor burn fast, apply cold compresses, Vaseline and other treatments described below to soothe it faster.
Some people call razor burn razor rash. Razor burn will disappear after a few hours of shaving, but that will depend on the severity of the rash. For some people, the burn will last for days. In the severest cases, razor bumps develop. There is a clear difference between razor burn and razor bumps.
Unless it is the first time you are shaving your bikini line, beard, armpits or legs, it is important to start before you shave.
How to get rid of razor burn fast naturally with home remedies
Aloe vera is a common ingredient used in most cures and creams for razor burn. It is present in cortisone cream, one of the common aftershaves used to soothe the skin quickly. You can use aloe vera gel at home too as a remedy for razor burn.
A simple method to prevent the occurrence of razor rashes is to trim the hairs first to avoid the razor from ripping out along the hair strands. This is a good technique for shaving the bikini area.
1. Shave along the direction of hair growth
Shave your beard or hair on legs, bikini area and armpits following the direction of growth. This will help prevent irritating the roots of your hair, which can cause them to get “injured” to form shave rash or redness.
According to AskMen, “When you shave against the grain, the blade rakes across the skin and pulls the hairs more harshly”. The easiest and most natural way to prevent razor burn is to shave correctly.
2. Using cucumber to soothe razor burn in minutes and reduce redness
Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties. They also have vitamins K and C which are good for relieving itchiness after shaving legs or beard, and even getting rid of bruises that form almost instantly.
- Get fresh cucumbers and slice them
- Put them into the refrigerator and leave them to cool for 10 minutes
- Rub them on the area with shaving rash to get rid of razor burn fast
3. Aspirin paste treatment for razor burn
Use aspirin to heal razor burn fast since it has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that will reduce redness and itchiness on your skin after a close shave.
- Crush two aspirins in a very small amount of warm water
- Rub the aspirin paste on the skin with itchiness
- Allow to sit on skin for 10 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
4. Black tea bags natural remedy for razor rash
They are commonly used to relieve sunburn, but you can also use black tea bags them to get rid of razor burn fast.
- Just moisten the bags in lukewarm water
- Then put in the refrigerator to cool.
- After about 10 minutes, rub them on the neck or bikini area with itchiness.
5. Cold compress to relieve shaving rash fast
If you are looking for the fastest way to get rid of razor burn on neck, legs, bikini and armpits, a cold compress is the best ready solution.
This remedy will soothe inflammation, redness and itchy rash. If you do not have ice cubes, soak a clean piece of cloth in cold water and place it on the area with redness.
6. Tea tree oil
This is an essential oil called Melaleuca alternifoliais. According to Keeper of the Home organization, it is not only an antibiotic but also an antiseptic and anti-fungal oil. It aids in skin infections, dandruff, burns and rashes.
Dilute about 3 tablespoons with 5 drops of tea tree oil and apply on irritated skin to relieve razor burn quickly.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also a good treatment for shaving bumps and rash. It will reduce redness and the itchy feeling on the skin fast. Just make a solution of baking soda by adding one tablespoon into a cup of water, then mixing. Soak a cotton ball with this solution and dab it on skin with redness to soothe it. Rinse off with cold water after 5 minutes.
8. Oatmeal quick way to get rid of razor burn on face
To use oatmeal as a relief for shaving rash and itchiness:
Make a paste of finely ground oatmeal mixed with honey and natural yogurt
- Apply on the skin that is irritated
- Allow to remain for 30 minutes
- Rinse off with clear water
This treatment will work fast if you apply it twice a day for about 3 days. It will also prevent razor bumps after shaving.
9. Aloe vera extract or gel
What doesn’t Aloe Vera help with when it comes to skin problems? For shave bumps prevention and treatment for both black men and women:
- Take fresh aloe vera leaves
- Press them to extract the gel
- Rub the gel on the shaved legs, neck, armpits or beard with inflammation
- Rinse off with clear cold water
Aloe vera will soothe burning sensation caused by blunt razors. It will also keep your skin well hydrated or moisturized, which will actually help heal razor burn fast on your skin.
10. How to get rid of razor burn and bumps with Vaseline
According to Search Home Remedy, petroleum jelly such as Vaseline can be used to relieve the stinging razor burn itch. Here’s how to use Vaseline to stop razor burn fast.
- Cleanse the area with the burn.
- Take a small amount of Vaseline or unscented petroleum jelly and apply a thin coat on the razor burn.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Use a soft wet cloth to remove the excess jelly from the skin.
How to cure razor burn under your armpits or underarms
Razor burn under arms can quickly become under arm bumps. Burning under arms are uncomfortable, stressful and can easily develop an infection that will cause an even more itchy skin under your armpits. So, being a sensitive area, how do you cure razor burn under armpits naturally?
- Redness and burning under the armpits usually arises from the use of razors that are blunt or poor shaving technique.
- In order to stop this irritation the next time you shave, use a good shaving technique.
- To cure underarm razor burn fast or overnight, use an over the counter medication. Hydrocortisone cream is a good medication that will relieve razor burn really fast under your armpits.
One last thing about razor burn and armpit bumps or razor burn pimples, deodorants, shaving creams and anti-perspirants are some of those products that will worsen the inflammation. Most of these contain fragrance that is a commonly known allergen or skin irritant. Avoid applying these immediately or 24 hours after shaving.
Can you get rid of razor burn quickly in minutes, now or right away?
In a matter of 5 minutes to 1 hour, razor burn can be relieved if you use the best methods to reduce the inflammation and also reduce the bruising. To treat shaving rash really fast, you have to choose the methods that work faster. Here are a few methods that I have found very effective as the fastest treatments.
- Cold compresses: Ice cubes, cold water or such compresses help numb the area with the rash, reduce the inflammation and stop razor bumps from forming. This natural remedy will work within 5 minutes or right away although some people will get relief within one hour.
- Warm compresses: These are good for stopping the pain or the desire to itch the area around the chin, jawline, legs, stomach and any other part that has the irritation. Since a warm compress makes the brain pick the heat stimulus instead of the pain from the irritation, the skin will get relief faster and almost instantly.
- Aspirin remedy: Aspirin is a pain relief medication and its paste also works fast to get rid of razor burn quickly on the skin.
Tips to get rid of razor burn for men on neck under chin, jawline, and face
It doesn’t matter if you wax, shave, use fancy gels, depilatory or an electric shaver with adjustable blades, for some reason, razor burn is likely to develop on your skin. It is even worse when razor burn occurs on your face and neck as a result of poor shaving techniques.
Shave Less to prevent: Yes, the very first step on how to prevent razor burn is to reduce or stop shaving. Don’t shave today, then tomorrow, and then the day after tomorrow. You will not be able to get rid of shave irritation on legs, groin or bikini area that way.
Too much shaving does not allow the skin to heal and calm. So, to prevent that burning sensation on skin, allow your skin time to heal so that the next time it faces that razor again, it is able to resist. Shaving after 2 to 3 days is a good step in the direction you want.
Electric Shavers are Better: Instead of using that razor up close your skin, try using an electric shaver. Shaving too close to the skin will not help prevent razor burn and bumps. Using electric shavers with adjustable blades will help you from bruising the skin, something that regular razors do leaving you with the burn and bumps.
The process of getting rid of razor burns starts with appropriate shaving techniques. We will discuss the right shaving techniques to soothe razor burn and prevent razor bumps.
Use the Best Razors: To prevent razor burn, ensure that you choose the best razors. Don’t get me wrong, the best razors are not those with 3, 4 or 5 blades.
Yes, they are a hype in today’s markets, but those are the ones that will leave you with razor burn. In order to avoid razor burn, ensure that you use a razor with a single blade.
Clean Sharp Razors: Avoid razor burn by using clean razors to shave. Shave bumps and razor rash might be a result of dirty razors that have bacteria. Your skin already has bacteria and adding more from your razor will not help you prevent razor burn. You need to use clean blades.
Use Cleanser: One of the best ways on how to avoid razor burn is to use a gentle cleanser on your skin before shaving. Well, this will get rid of the bacteria that might cause irritation and redness on the skin.
Facial Scrub: To avoid razor burn, gently scrub your face with facial scrub lotion or loofah to remove dead skin and uncover ingrown hairs that will eventually cause razor burn rashes. To stop razor burn on legs, bikini area, legs and face, follow simple tips such as waiting about 20 minutes after getting up before shaving as this will allow fluids to disperse from your face. Another preliminary tip is to ensure that you wash the skin in warm water just before shaving. It is sometimes recommended that you steam up the skin to soften the hair and open up pores before shaving.
Shave! Don’t Stretch: Avoid stretching your skin as you shave. You can still make clean strokes if you use new, sharp razors. Pulling your skin will only work to break your skin and cause small injuries to it, which will lead to the formation of razor burn redness and irritation. Dull blades will not make clean shaves and might force you to stretch your skin as you shave. Avoid razor burn by using new blades every time you shave.
Lather Your Skin: Another way to avoid razor burn is to wet the skin and leather it thoroughly with high quality gel or shaving cream. This will go a long way to help stop that itchy feeling on legs, bikini area and face after waxing or removing hair.
Let the gel or cream sit on your skin for a few minutes before shaving to increase the softness of the hair. This way, you will avoid razor burn because there will be no pulling of hair by the blade. One stroke will sweep clean the hair.
Don’t Use Ordinary Bar Soap: Avoid using ordinary bar soap. It will cause irritation. Also, if you have an oily skin, your method on how to get rid of razor burn with prevention should not involve using moisturizing cream as an alternative to lathering soap. Sometimes, shaving oil works for some people and is good because you can see the area you are shaving.
Fewer Shaving Strokes: Avoid making many strokes with your blade just to achieve the closest shave. With good preparation to avoid razor burn, you will be able to achieve a close shave with a single stroke. Rinse the blade after every stroke you make. When you leave the blade with hairs after every stroke, you are increasing the chances of not only getting razor burn but also razor bumps. Therefore, to avoid razor burn and in the process get rid of shave bumps, rinse the blade of the cream and cut hair after every stroke.
Use Cold Water after Shaving: You can also avoid razor burn by washing your skin with cold water just after shaving. This will close the pores to avoid entry of bacteria and small pieces of hair through the pores to cause irritation.
Lastly, you can prevent razor burn by using the correct shaving technique – again – where direction of the machine you are using is important with regard to the grains of your hair.
Tea tree oil is a good home remedy for razor burn and bumps worth trying. Some razor burn creams are based on tea tree oil. Cucumber and milk mask are also used as home remedies for razor burn.
Mix half a pureed cucumber and a quarter a cup of milk. Put in the refrigerator to cool and then apply to the razor burn and bumps for about 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. It will help get rid of razor burn fast. I have also seen some people putting corn starch on the razor burn and bumps for about 20 minutes and then rinsing it off. I don’t know how this home remedy for razor burn works.
Best products for treating razor burn or bumps
Here’s a quick list of top rated products, including creams, balms and lotions that get rid of burn after shaving, be it with a razor or electric machine, or even after waxing. If the burn is irritating, apply any of these to soothe it. Your skin will be calm, and bumps will not form. From reviews, these products give you “fast relief from razor burn, irritation, and redness.”
- Razor Burn Relief Ultra (rated 4.4 out of 5 stars)
- Coochy-Original Rash-Free Shaving Cream (highly rated – 4.3 out of 5 stars)
- Bump Patrol Aftershave Razor Burn & Bump Treatment (4.2 out of 5 stars rating)
- Kyoku for Men Razor Repair Balm (rated 3.7 out of 5 stars)
How to get rid of razor burn overnight
Can you get rid of razor burn fast, overnight? That itchy feeling, accompanied by redness can be really irritating. Perhaps a soothing cream or remedy can help you relax your skin. So, what do you do at this stage?
The second stage on how to get rid of razor burn overnight is to stop it from growing into razor bumps. There are many solutions for this, but one important thing is to pay close attention to your kind of skin and shaving practices. The following tips on how to stop razor burn.
- Follow the natural pattern of hair growth and don’t shave against it in order to stop the burn. This is a very important technique for people who shave daily and would like to stop razor burn fast. Continual shaving against the direction of hair growth will irritate hair follicles especially for sensitive skin, making it difficult to stop the irritation on legs, bikini area or even chin or face.
- Use cold compresses to soothe the razor burn irritation and redness overnight. Remember the more your skin gets irritated, the more you will see razor burn forming.
- Avoid tight clothes on the areas with razor burn. Ensure that you allow the skin to breathe. Too much heat will cause the razor rash to worsen and even develop into infected ingrown hairs.
- It is also suggested that dabbing apple cider vinegar on your skin will help stop razor burn fast. A clean cloth or cotton ball will be useful for this procedure.
- After gently cleaning the skin or applying cold compresses to get rid of razor burn, ensure that you pat dry. Do not rub the skin as this will injure your skin and increase the irritation and rash.
- Soften the skin with moisturizer all the time. You can also apply petroleum jelly.
Cures to get rid of razor burn quickly on neck, face, women bikini
When you don’t know that you can prevent razor burn, and now you already have it, the next thing to do is to find a way to get rid of razor burn fast. Cures will help you to get rid of shave rash fast. Some home remedies for shave rash have been suggested by people who have tried them. Here are some cures for you.
Dab apple cider vinegar on your skin will help stop razor burn fast
Products with glycolic acid are known to be some of the best razor burn cures. Some commercial beauty creams have also been touted to cure razor burn fast. Examples of a cream that is used to cure razor burn are E45 Cream, Razor Burn Freedom and Dove Body Lotion for Women from Swedish Skin Care.
Salicylic Acid is also used for razor rash and burn by most women. This is commonly used to shrink pimples, but now it is used as a cure for razor burn. It removes dead skin that prevents air from reaching the hair follicles and kills bacteria thus aiding in reducing the redness of the razor burn.
Be careful if you are going to use this remedy around the bikini area or pubic areas. You will end up screaming from the irritation it might cause on immediate application!
Most people also recommend Aspirin paste as a cure for razor burn. You can crush aspirin and make a paste. Cover the area with razor burn using the paste. It will soothe the burn and work as an antiseptic.
1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream is also used to get rid of razor burn fast. It softens and soothes the inflamed skin. Hydrocortisone cure for razor burn also works as a moisturizer and will reduce itching.
Use it on the the rash and redness twice a day for a start. However, do not use it for long, otherwise your skin will develop a dependency and end up with even worse rashes on legs, face, pubic area and even armpits.
Ointments and creams such as polysporin can also help soothe shave irritation and prevent bumps from developing.