Knowing how to get rid of dark lips fast to have better-looking lips. Permanent lip lightening methods and natural remedies can help you get rid of black upper lips overnight or quickly. Here‘s how to get rid of dark lips permanently and fast, with natural and home remedies, makeup and skin lightening methods.
Dark lips are the most boring outlook to have on your face. It makes you look conspicuous and can give you a weird look. Dark spots on lips are clearly visible, so when you get them, it may be quite a hard task hiding them.
You have probably tried using makeup, cosmetics and other ways to get rid of the dark lines around lips. The black upper lips still persist. Below, explore the methods of removing dark lips instantly, fast in a week, permanently and overnight.
How to get rid of dark lips fast
Dark patches around lips are a problem that cuts across all the genders. Men and women have look for ways to lighten at least the upper lip that appears to be dark. It is not strange meeting the male with such darkness on the lips. Before you start searching for a prompt solution, finding the causes should be the first priority. So what causes the edges of the lips to be dark in men?
Remove these causes to get rid of black lips fast
It is the desire of every woman to have pinkish/reddish lips, naturally, the human lips add beauty to the face and any discoloration changes the overall look of the face. Most of the discolored lips can be associated with an environmental cause, mechanical chemical disorders, skin disorders and lifestyle disorders. Here are the causes of dark lips:
1. Too much sun exposure
Dark patches can arise when you get too much sunlight on your lips. The heat of the sun leaves burns on the lips and skin. The UV rays trigger the melanin deposition on the face and the lips happen to be affected. Usually, if you are in direct sunlight regions use a sunlight lotion for the face and lip balm.
2. Stop smoking to heal black lips
You have to stop smoking if you desire to have rosy lips. If you are a smoking addict then dark lips are not a coincidence. Smoking generally affects your health and the lips are equally affected. It is not surprising to find smokers with dark lines along the lips and brown teeth.
Smokers have generally dried lips as a result of poor health. The human skin largely depends on sufficient moisture, smoking dries the lips making them to crack and eventually loses color. And did you know that most people get dark lips from smoking weed.
3. Anemia can cause discoloration of lips
Anemia has been linked to being another cause of dark patches on the lips in both men and women. The problem is more common in women in their reproductive age. Iron deficiency in the body leads to the low supply of oxygen by hemoglobin in the red blood cells.
The overall low concentration of red blood cells translates to pale lips or discoloration. Foods that are rich in iron content especially fresh vegetables and fruits should increase the iron content and get rid of dark lip discoloration.
4. Melasma on lips, dermatitis, and jaundice
Any medical condition(s) that affects the skin has a way of influencing the color of the lips.
Skin conditions such as dermatitis, jaundice, and melasma will leave dark patches on the edges of the lips. How do the aforementioned skin disorders cause darkening of the lips? Explore below the discussion.
This is a condition that causes the inflammation of the skin and it happens due to the number of causes. The known causes are categorized into two; contact dermatitis and atopic dermatitis. They are linked to allergic reactions or an immune hypersensitivity. The reactions caused by the contact dermatitis affects mainly the women causing skin lesion and this extends to the lips leaving behind dark patches.
Jaundice is a yellowish discoloration of the skin. The cause is attributed to high levels of chemical bilirubin in the blood. Jaundice in an adult is a symptom of underlying diseases some of which can be serious and life-threatening if not treated. The yellowish color of the skins spread to the face and the lips as well. In the process of skin inflammation, edges of the lips are equally affected leaving black spots.
7. Melasma on lips
Melasma is a common skin hyperpigmentation that causes grown to gray patches on the face. It is caused by excessive melanin on the skin particularly when you are exposed to too much sunlight. This condition appears anywhere on the skin but the most reported cases are the cheeks, around the nose, forehead, the chin and tend to extend the lip.
Your upper lip is likely to be affected and this condition leaves dark patches. This shouldn’t scare you much, treatment is simple. If you visit a dermatologist, the likelihood is basically sun protection. You might require wearing sunscreen and reapplying sunscreen lotion after some hours until the patches are gone for good.
How to get rid of black spots on lips quickly
Can you remove black spots on lips quickly? It is possible, but that depends on what the cause is. The dark spots on the lips may be as a result of certain underlying health conditions or poor lifestyle and bad habits. Smoking, too much alcohol consumption and abuse of drugs such as narcotics are the prime cause of dark lips. Other causes of black spots on the lips include:
- Drinking too much-caffeinated drinks such as tea or coffee. If you are a coffee or tea addict, you probably have experienced a dark spot on your lips. For some tea or coffee is a craving that they cannot do away with. It brings freshness and stimulates the body, however, you risk developing black spots on the edges of your lips when you continue taking hot beverages.
- Licking and sometimes biting the lips cause dark spots on the lips.
- Deficiency of vital vitamins such as vitamin b in the body is another cause of spots on the lips.
- Some people are allergic to toothpaste and such related products. The allergic reactions in the mouth or lips leave black spots.
- Changes in hormonal levels. This phenomenon is more prominent in women, especially during their menstrual cycle.
- Using counterfeit cosmetic and products. The cosmetics that you apply or makeups on the lips could be the reason you have black spots on the lips. Using low quality and inexpensive lip products that are made with chemical materials can be harmful to your health and lips as well. Instead, purchase beauty products from known and approved stores.
How to get rid of black lips from smoking
Smoking is always associated with deteriorated health. In fact, manufacturers are required by law to inform the consumers of cigarettes of its adverse effects on health. If you started smoking lately-days or just a week ago, quit.
The buildup of smoke in the blood vessels cause a limited flow of blood to the skin and lips which in turn makes them darkened. You don’t want to end up in a messy state stating from the lips, do you? An important step towards removing dark lines around the lips quickly is to simply quit.
Can you get rid of dark lips in a week?
Do you want to get rid of dark lines on the lips in a just week? Getting rid of dark patches around the lips naturally over a week is quite hard and requires some little patience. However, I have selected some home remedies that I find useful to help heal and cure darkened lips in a week or even in a few days.
Slices of potatoes improve dark lines on your lips in a week
Potatoes can lighten the skin. They are also good because of their caustic properties. If you use potatoes slices for a week you will experience lightened lips that are tender. Potatoes contain an enzyme that naturally occurs in them known as catecholase. This enzyme helps in reducing skin darkness and eventually removing dark patches on lips.
- Pick a very fresh potato.
- Cut into slices, thin in diameter.
- Rub the potato slice on the lips every time before bedtime
- In the morning, do not rinse but wash with warm water.
- Do this exercise repeatedly for a week.
How to get rid of dark lips overnight
Removing dark lips overnight may be a temporary solution .however if you desire to have lightened lips instantly or fast, there are simple tips you have to follow to achieve your target. Here are few tips to get rid of dark lips and remove dark corners of lips.
1. Use beetroot to lighten black lips
Beetroot is one of the best and simplest home techniques to lighten your lips. The procedure is simple; all you need to is to scrub a piece of beetroot on your lips for 5 minutes or so. Having done that for a while your lips should be able to gradually to appear and the darkness reduces.
2. Massaging your lips with ice cubes
Moisturizing your lips with ice cubes makes the nourished and fresh. Ice cubes tend to increase the flow of blood around the lips making them appear so fresh thus enabling them to have the normal color.
3. Use natural sugar to exfoliate the dark dead skin on lips
Sugar helps to exfoliate skin in the process removing dead cells that are naturally dark. Add two tablespoon of granulated sugar to water and make a thick paste. Use this to scrub your lips gently, automatically the dead skin is removed instantly or immediately.
How to get rid of dark lips permanently or forever
If you want to get rid of dark lips permanently, it may involve a lot of treatments for the underlying problem that cause them. For instance, people with dark lips due to sunburn can use sunscreen lotion or makeups. Here are important tips to help you get rid of black lips permanently or forever.
- To get rid of dark lips forever, ensure that you treat your allergies if they are the main cause. Visiting a physician is advisable to get proper medication. You should avoid over-the-counter medication.
- Treat your skin problems if they are found to be the cause. Skin problems such as dermatitis, jaundice, melasma require specialized treatment from a dermatologist.
- You might consider skin lightening is another option to fix the problem permanently. To get promising results, some of the safe skin lightening remedies should be an option.
- Eating fresh vegetable and fruits is another simple remedy but give a promising result. Dark lips due to vitamin deficiency can easily be sorted out in this manner.
How to lighten dark upper lip or top lip faster
Most women have a dark mustache like upper lip. A dark upper can be very unattractive on your face and draw unwarranted attention. For fast fair complexion on the upper lip, try the following procedures.
1. Uses aloe Vera
If you desire to get the upper lip lightened, using aloe vera gel will give good results. Apply the gel directly on the area and wait for about 10minutes. Wash with slightly warm water to get a lightened smooth skin.
2. How to lighten dark upper lip with carrot juice
Carrot juice can be used as a skin lightener. Carrot is rich in high levels of vitamin A and works as anti-oxidant which helps to remove dark patches on the upper lips.
- Take fresh carrot pieces and grate
- Blend in a processor
- Squeeze the pulped carrot through a sieve to extract juice
- You can apply directly or use cotton balls to apply on the skin of upper lips.
- After 15 minutes wash with warm water.
How to get rid of dark lips naturally or with home remedies for black lips
It is never easy to get rid of dark lips naturally fast. However, here are some selected home remedies that have been found to work naturally fast. I need to caution you, while some might work, you will need to exercise patience.
Exfoliate your lips using honey and sugar
To get the desirable pink lips you need to remove dead skin with a simple sugar scrub.
- Make a sugar scrub paste by adding granules of sugar (brown or white) with enough honey.
- Take some of the paste and rub vigorously on your lips.
- After a minute or two, wipe the surface of the lips with a damp piece of cloth.
- Applying a soothing lip balm of your choice.
- For good results, you can repeat this procedure twice per week.
Mustard oil for black lips
You will be marveled by the result you will get when you use mustard oil. It is known for its rich source of omegaAlpha3 and omegaAlpha6 fatty acids vitamin E and antioxidants.
How to use mustard oil to remove dark patches on the lips
- Before going to bed, apply 1-2 drops of mustard oil on your lips
- After 10 minutes, use cotton balls to wipe your lips.
Mustard oil helps to improve circulation around the lips thus lightening it all together.
Other home remedies for black spots on lips
Black spots on the lips are embarrassing and once noticed, quick solutions should always be at hand once the cause has been identified. Below are some of the ways you can get rid of them quickly.
Apply lip balm to moisturize dark dry lips
Lip balms help moisturize your lips and keep them soft. For dry darkened lips, the use of lip balms removes the black spots fast enough. You should start carrying a lip balm before leaving the house especially if it is a sunny day. Sunburns cause the lips to dry and leave spots, applying the lip balm after 2 hours can help fix the problem quickly.
Use of lemon juice to lighten dark lips fast
You might consider applying lemon juice or honey several times in a day. Extract lemon juice from a fresh lemon and apply the juice on your lips. Lemon juice has vitamin C, which is known for its bleaching property. It will remove the spots faster than you can imagine.
Keep your body hydrated
Water is an important aspect in the human body. It makes your skin supple and hydrated all through. Dry lips can be an indication of inadequate water in the body. Before thinking of other sophisticated ways of getting rid of dry lips, think of water first. It will help you moisturize your lips.