Knowing how to get rid of dark circles fast and overnight can help your eyes look brighter. Dark circles under eyes make you look tired, dull, old and bored. Here’s how to remove dark circles under eyes overnight, with options including natural and home remedies for dark circles under eyes, makeup and lightening remedies for dark lines below your eyes. You can also remove dark eye circles without makeup and using surgery especially if they are hereditary.
Dark eye circles are small dark lines under the eyes. They are all distinguishable, so when you get them, you will have a problem concealing them without makeup. When you don’t want to use concealers and other such makeups, other ways of removing them fast will suffice. Below, we explore methods of removing dark circles instantly, fast, in a week and overnight.
How to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast
- How to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast
- 1. Treat allergies to remove the dark lines below eyes
- 2. Relieve any swelling under eyes from crying
- 3. Get quality sleep for faster results, change sleeping posture
- 4. Quit smoking if you started recently
- 5. Use concealer makeup to get rid of dark eye circles instantly
- How to remove dark circles under eyes overnight
- How to lighten or whiten dark circles around eyes
- How to get rid of dark eye circles permanently, forever
- Get Rid of Dark Circles Fast in Babies
- Home remedies to get rid of dark circles under eyes naturally in a week
- Photoshop to remove dark circles ASAP on your photos
Before you start, you have to address the causes. Some people will have their dark lines around eyes caused by excessive crying or poor sleeping posture. In babies, the problem could be allergies, while in other people, smoking will cause under eye circles. So, what is the fastest way to get rid of dark circles?
1. Treat allergies to remove the dark lines below eyes
If you have allergies, you are likely to develop this symptom. Regardless of the different attempts to remove the lines, you will not be able to eliminate them if you do not get rid of the allergy that is causing discoloration under your eyes.
See a doctor for a prescription to treat the underlying allergy and you will see a quick improvement. You could also opt to remove the allergen that is causing the reaction. Hay fever is a seasonal allergy that can be treated easily with over the counter prescription medicines.
Also, find out if the cause of the allergy is in the food you eat. Whatever the allergen is, you will need to find it and get rid of it. A dermatologist should be able to help you with finding out the allergen. Gluten intolerance is a common allergy related to wheat product consumption. In order to remove dark eye circles permanently, find out if you have gluten intolerance or celiac disease, then have it treated.
2. Relieve any swelling under eyes from crying
Believe it or not, some people will form some circles under their eyes from crying. How does this cause circles? Eye bags or puffy eyes are the most common symptoms that result from too much crying. When you cry too much, you are likely to rub your eyes a lot, and end up inflaming them.
To get rid of dark circles under eyes fast, ensure you relieve the inflammation that caused them in the first place. One of the best quick remedies for swollen eyes is cold compress. Sometimes, cold compresses are found to work instantly!
3. Get quality sleep for faster results, change sleeping posture
We are all used to the fact that less sleep will cause puffy eyes. That is not all. Those puffy eyes are a predecessor to dark likes under eyes. According to an author on WikiHow, inadequate sleep will cause dark circles below your eyes. Also, lack of sleep will cause the skin to be pale, making the darkness under eyes to appear more clearly.
In order to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast, get adequate sleep. Remove any makeup around your eyes and get at least eight hours of sleep. You can use adequate vitamins that will help you sleep better. Avoid alcohol as it is one of the causes of the darkening of under eyes.
4. Quit smoking if you started recently
Did you start smoking recently – one week or a few days ago? If yes, then raccoon eyes are not a coincidence. Smoking is known to be the root cause of vascular problems. Research has shown that blood vessel problems are likely to cause dark eye circles.
An important step towards removing dark circles under eyes quickly is to quit smoking. When you smoke, your blood vessels shrink and become bluer and more prominent as the thin skin under the eyes is affected. As soon as you eliminate this cause, you will see dark eye circles disappear almost instantly.
5. Use concealer makeup to get rid of dark eye circles instantly
I have to warn you that this is a temporary solution. However, if you are looking for an immediate solution, then concealer makeup will work well for you. Here are a few tips on how to get rid of dark eye circles fast or instantly using concealer makeup.
- Apply adequate moisturizer below your eyes. This will help avoid the concealer makeup from caking up after a few hours.
- Buy the right concealer makeup specifically for hiding dark eye circles. Consider your skin tone when buying the concealer makeup. It should be at least a shade or two lighter than the foundation you will use.
- The best concealers for hiding the lines under your eyes have yellow undertones. They blend much better.
- For heavier coverage, cream concealers are good when you want to put on a heavy cover on the eye circles. However, they cake up easily, so it would be better if you used liquid concealers. Use them for just a few hours because they can easily form creases under your eyes.
- Avoid concealers that are scented or contain salicyclic acid and glycolic acid – they can irritate the delicate eye skin tissue and cause redness and swelling.
Red lipstick gets rid of dark circles around eyes
I didn’t believe this one, until I read about it. Angella Falleta of BuzzFeed and Lauren Smith of BirchBox have recommended this as quick way to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Yes, use red lipstick. It is said that orange-red lipstick works well to conceal dark and red circles.
According to Lauren, bright red lipstick works well on green undertones under eyes. It does so by “neutralizing darkness and minimizing the appearance of circles. See the video at the end for more on how to apply red lipstick for hiding dark circles.
How to remove dark circles under eyes overnight
Can you remove dark eye circles overnight? It is possible, but a lot here depends on what exactly caused the problem. Overnight remedies include the use of cucumbers, eye masks, tea tree oil, cold spoons and even cold water.
If you are used to getting dark eye circles in the morning, you might notice that they go away on their own after some time. One of the most recommended methods of getting rid of dark circles under eyes without makeup, and overnight or quickly is through laser treatment or plastic surgery.
Surgery and Laser for dark circles removal – quickly or immediately
With surgery, you are likely to spend quite a lot in order to have the discoloration under your eyes, dark spots and eye circles treated and removed. Laser surgery is one of the most common methods used for this treatment.
Phi Clinic recommends laser surgery to remove discoloration, dark spots under eyes and lines as well. The treatment goes beyond circles as it also tightens, smoothens and removes wrinkles under eyes fast. So far, this is likely one of the most successful overnight treatments.
Chemical peels for immediate removal of under eye lines
Another quick way to improve the appearance of dark undereyes is to use chemical peels. While they may not cure the problem or get rid of it really fast, they will improve the complexion under your eyes.
Chemical peels work by exfoliating the dead skin under eyes and allowing new cells to grow. This will give you a younger appearance.
How to lighten or whiten dark circles around eyes
One of the fastest methods to remove dark eye circles is lightening them. If you do not have stubborn lines, you can use simple home ingredients or some dark spot correctors and under eye circle creams for fading them to clear them. Lemons, aloe vera and other natural ingredients are some of the best to use.
Does lemon get rid of dark circles around eyes?
Dark shadows and dark rings around eyes can be caused by skin discoloration. In order to get rid of them, you will need to do some skin lightening.
- Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which is known to bleach the skin and get rid of dark spots. As a bleaching agent, it will remove the dark circles fast.
- Use a cotton ball to apply lemon juice to the dark rings around your eyes and then rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Do this until you lighten the dark circles under eyes.
How to get rid of dark eye circles permanently, forever
Permanent solutions to dark circles involve a lot of treatments to underlying problems that cause them. For instance, people who complain of under-eye discoloration due to glasses can change them or wear contact lenses. Here are important tips to help you get rid of dark circles permanently and forever.
- Under eye creams and serums: Creams and serums, especially those with anti-inflammatory properties will go a long way in helping you reduce under eye darkness. Some creams contain green tea and grape seed oil. These are the best for healing the under eye capillaries. A good pick is Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum.
- Prevent under eye discoloration using SPF. Wearing sunscreen under the eyes will go a long way in preventing eye wrinkles and eliminating dark spots forever. Most dark spots under eyes are caused by too much exposure to sunlight.
- To get rid of dark eye circles permanently in men, teenagers and children, ensure that you treat allergies if they are the main cause of the problem. See a doctor for proper medication avoid over-the-counter medications even if they promise fast results.
- Skin lightening is another option you have here. Skin lightening remedies that work fast in a week or a few days will also give promising results.
Get Rid of Dark Circles Fast in Babies
In babies, allergies, medication, fatigue, inflammation, congestion, irregular pigmentation, sun exposure and even eczema are known to be the causes of dark under eye circles, or discoloration lines below a baby’s eyes. You might not be able to determine the actual cause of the raccoon eyes in children.
Nasal congestion is one of the major culprit for children’s under eye lines. If you have been suffering from a constantly congesting nose, you need to see a doctor for a good prescription for that. Together with allergies, nasal congestion are common in children. It is also a common cause of puffy and buggy eyes. Over the counter prescription medications for nasal congestion could also help on how to get rid of dark eye circles in adult men and women, but don’t try this with babies.
Home remedies to get rid of dark circles under eyes naturally in a week
No doubt, it is not easy to get rid of dark circles under eyes naturally fast. However, I have selected home remedies that have been reviewed and touted to work fast in a week or just a few days. While some of these may work, you will need to be patient and you might have to go the extra mile of finding the underlying cause and treat it. That said, here are the best home remedies to treat dark eye circles naturally in a week or less.
Cucumber slices improve dark circles under eyes in one day or one night
Cucumbers can lighten skin. They are also good because of their astringent properties. If you apply cucumber slices on your eyes, you will delight in the soothing effect that will help fix dark under eye circles.
- Pick a very fresh cucumber.
- Cut it into slices. Ensure they are not very thin.
- Put the slices in the refrigerator and let them cool for 30 minutes.
- Put them on your skin under eyes.
- Do it twice for faster results.
Honey gets rid of dark spots under eyes fast
Honey lightens skin fairly fast. Indian Beauty Spot recommends using it as follows to get rid of dark spots under eyes quickly.
- Get pure honey.
- Apply a thin film of honey on the darkened skin under your eyes.
- Leave it on for as a mask for about 20 minutes.
- You can also leave it overnight and then rinse off in the morning for the quickest results.
Potato treatment under eye rings during pregnancy, in men etc.
According to top 10 home remedies, potato is one of the best bleaching agents in your kitchen. You can use it as a safe remedy for lightening dark circles for men and even women during pregnancy.
- Get a raw potato, a fresh one will be the best.
- Grate the potato in order to obtain its juice.
- Place the juice in a refrigerator for cooling.
- Soak a cotton ball with the juice and place it on your eyes, ensuring that you cover the circles so well.
- In order to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast, repeat this process twice a day for the next two to three weeks. This will work foe dark skin as well.
Photoshop to remove dark circles ASAP on your photos
Well, this is not a home remedy. But if you are looking to remove dark circles on your photos, or if you are heading for a photo shoot, then Photoshop is one of those tools you need installed on your computer. Just like software for removing red-eye, this one will save you a lot of embarrassment on your next bunch of photos.
Sources, Citations and References