Here’s how to grow eyebrows fast if you have sparse brow hair, are suffering from eyebrow hair loss or you just want to get thicker, fuller or bushier brows. Natural remedies that are effective for hair growth include using castor oil, Vaseline, coconut oil etc. You can also make eyebrows grow out using rogaine, hair powders, serums and conditioners. Read more below plus answers on the following.
- How long does it take for eyebrows to grow back after shaving?
- Can eyebrows grow back after shaving, waxing or threading?
- Can you regrow eyebrows after hair loss?
- How to get thicker eyebrows fast?
There are a lot of hair growth supplements on the market. Some work, some don’t. With or without commercial products such as serums and conditioners, it is possible to get thicker eyebrows faster. You can do this by stimulating hair follicles to grow. Here are ways to make eyebrows to grow thicker, longer and fuller with natural home treatments.
- Rapidbrow Eyebrow Enhancing Serum
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum Advanced
How to grow eyebrows fast or quickly, overnight
- How to grow eyebrows fast or quickly, overnight
- 1. Use castor oil to grow eyebrows out faster
- 2. Vaseline for growing eyebrows and eyelashes thicker
- 3. Coconut oil for growing back eyebrows
- 4. Aloe vera to grow thicker eyebrows
- 5. Onion juice remedy to grow eyebrows naturally
- 6. Olive oil to regrow eyebrows
- 7. Egg yolk to grow and thicken eyebrows
- 8. Exfoliate to grow your eyebrows quickly – almost overnight
- 9. Almond oil extract and vitamin E oil capsules
- 10. Milk
- 11. Fenugreek seeds for fuller eyebrows
- Diet and Food to Grow Eyebrows Naturally
- Other tips to grow thicker eyebrows
- How long does it take for eyebrows to grow back after plucking, tweezing or waxing?
- Can you REGROW eyebrows after shaving?
- Here’s a Video on How to Grow Eyebrows in a Week or Two Weeks
As you already know, bigger or fuller eyebrows are beautiful and are said to look better, are easier to shape and you will have the liberty to pluck, tweeze and condition them the way you want.
The normal hair growth rate may differ in different people due to factors such as diet, type of hair and so on. Therefore, to make eyebrows grow out overnight or faster, try castor oil, egg yolk mask, onion juice, aloe vera, essential oils, Vaseline etc. as directed below.
1. Use castor oil to grow eyebrows out faster
Jamaican black castor oil is one of the most popular and effective remedies for hair growth. Why? It contains fatty acids, vitamins and protein that is essential for nourishing hair to make it grow out faster. Here’s how to use castor oil to grow eyelashes and eyebrow.
- Remove any face makeup you have.
- Clean the eyebrow area and your face using warm water.
- Dip a cotton swab into castor oil (preferably cold-pressed Jamaican black castor oil)
- Apply the oil onto the eyebrow area.
- Massage gently for 3 minutes, using your fingertips.
- Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning with lukewarm water.
This home remedy has lots of before and after photos to its credit, showing how brow hair has improved in length and thickness. If you overplucked, waxed or shaved your eyebrows and want to grow them back naturally, buy a bottle of castor oil and apply as you massage gently everyday to stimulate hair growth. This remedy can be used with glycerin.
2. Vaseline for growing eyebrows and eyelashes thicker
Does petroleum jelly help eyebrows grow out? Keeping the skin above the eye moisturized can help speed up hair growth. Vaseline locks in moisture and conditions eyebrows to grow thicker and faster. It is also a good eyebrow growth remedy after shaving.
- Clean off makeup using makeup remover.
- Wash and rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
- Use a cotton swab to apply Vaseline to your brows upwards but from the inside to the outside of your eyebrow.
- Leave it on overnight for quicker results.
Simply apply it twice a day to condition your eyebrows to grow out thicker and stronger. The petrolatum compound in Vaseline prevents moisture from escaping, and therefore keeps the skin moisturized. This goes a long way in helping your brows grow out long and fuller.
3. Coconut oil for growing back eyebrows
Coconut oil works as a conditioner. It will moisturize and condition brow hairs to grow back out thicker and fuller. According to LucyBee, “The fatty acids found in coconut oil work with the natural proteins found in hair to protect it from breaking (and therefore allowing it to grow).”
- Cleanse the skin above your eyes.
- Dip a cotton swab into coconut oil.
- Apply on eyebrows or areas with thin brow hair. Concentrate on areas you waxed, overplucked or with sparse eyebrows.
- Massage it into the brow skin to help with the absorption.
- Leave it overnight and clean in the morning.
Other benefits of coconut oil for getting thicker eyebrows include moisturizing and improving blood circulation. It is also antibacterial and will prevent infections and eyebrow dandruff that can cause thinning eyebrow hair. You can mix this natural hair growth treatment with castor oil for quicker results.
4. Aloe vera to grow thicker eyebrows
According to NDTV, “aloe vera has a chemical makeup similar to that of keratin and it rejuvenates hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage.” Aloe vera treatment can be used to grow sparse eyebrows, after shaving or waxing and thin eyebrows. Here’s how to use aloe vera to make eyebrows grow thicker and fuller faster.
- Cut a succulent aloe vera leaf.
- Squeeze to extract the aloe vera juice.
- Gently massage the aloe vera juice on your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
Use this thick eyebrow growth home remedy daily for at least 6 weeks for bushier, thicker and fuller eyebrow hair. Aloe vera is also good for people with excess sebum. It will get rid of too much oil and open up follicular pores, thus encouraging eyebrow hair growth. It is effective for growing a thick or voluminous brow permanently.
5. Onion juice remedy to grow eyebrows naturally
Garlic and onions contain “lots of sulfur, selenium, minerals, B vitamins and C vitamins which are very good for hair growth.” [Etopical.com]. Sulfur helps in the production of collagen tissue, which strengthens eyebrow hair follicles. Here’s how to use onion juice to grow eyebrows naturally.
- Extract onion juice from a fresh clove.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the garlic juice on thin eyebrows.
- Gently massage it into the skin for about 7 minutes.
- Leave it on your skin to dry.
- Use a mild cleanser and clean water to wash it off.
Do this once a day to grow eyebrows fast and thicker. You can use it after shaving eyebrows for years or after overplucking.
6. Olive oil to regrow eyebrows
If you are suffering from alopecia and eyebrow loss, olive oil can help regrow back eyebrows. Studies have been able to show that olive oil reduces the inflammation caused by DHT hormone that leads to hair loss.
“A hormone called DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) decreases the hair follicle shaft which can cause hair loss. DHT makes the hair thin, and with the passage of times the hair becomes thinner and thinner until they die out.” Here’s how to use olive oil to regrow eyebrows back where there is no hair.
- Clean the brow area with lukewarm water.
- Use a cotton swab to apply a little olive oil on the overplucked eyebrows.
- Massage the oil into the skin for 5 minutes.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, clean it off with lukewarm water.
7. Egg yolk to grow and thicken eyebrows
Egg yolk contains a protein that is similar to keratin. Keratin is a major ingredient in most hair growth supplements. Using egg masks on your brow hair can help it grow out thick and long. Here’s how to grow eyebrows using egg yolk.
- Break an egg to get the yolk.
- Beat the yellow yolk to make a good consistency.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the egg yolk to the eyebrows.
- Allow it to stay for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
You will get a faster growth rate if you use this treatment twice a week.
8. Exfoliate to grow your eyebrows quickly – almost overnight
Exfoliation is one of the best ways to stimulate hair growth on parts of the face. Exfoliation helps your hair strands to come through faster. “Exfoliation on the brow area not only removes dead skin under the hairs, but can also help with hair growth by stimulation and giving circulation to the hair follicle.” [Elke Von Freudenberg on NewBeauty.com]. To help your eyebrows grow out:
- Using a soft brush, gently scrub the skin above your eye in gentle circular motions (you can use your face scrub brush).
- Clean the skin with warm water.
- You can massage the eyebrows using castor oil or coconut oil for faster hair growth.
This removes dead skin cells that may block and slow down hair from growing out. Brow exfoliation also stimulates circulation in the brow area, which provides the necessary nutrients for brow hair growth. A sugar scrub is one of the best exfoliation strategies.
9. Almond oil extract and vitamin E oil capsules
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, magnesium and potassium. When used on eyebrows, it will reduce inflammation and help soften the skin for growth of new eyebrow hairs.
- Make a mixture of almond oil extract with linseed oil.
- Dip a clean Q-tip into the mixture and apply generously to your eyebrows.
- Allow it to sit for about 2 minutes.
- Add a little more of the oil mixture and massage gently into the eyebrow skin.
Do this procedure every night before going to sleep to encourage a fuller or thicker eyebrow growth. Both vitamin E oil and almond oil will condition, strengthen and stimulate your eye brows to grow faster.
Deficiency in protein and essential fatty acids leads to eye brow thinning. Milk contains two vital proteins known as casein and whey. These two will trigger and stimulate the growth of healthy hair. According to NiceHair.org, casein contains glutamine that helps stimulate hair follicles. On the other hand, whey will give you strong eyebrows and prevent hair breakage.
- Put a little milk in a glass. Use whole milk only.
- Dip a cotton ball in the milk.
- Gently rub it on your eyebrows or areas with sparse brow hair.
- Allow 15 minutes for it to dry.
- Rinse off (gently) with warm water.
How can I make my eyebrows grow fuller in a day or two days? It is not possible to visibly grow them in a day or in two days (almost overnight.) Simply repeat this home remedy to make your eyebrows grow out fuller, faster.
11. Fenugreek seeds for fuller eyebrows
Also known as methi seeds in Hindi, fenugreek is known to make hair look healthy and shiny.
According to The Indian Spot, “it contains nicotinic acid as well as proteins that stimulate hair growth…‘Lecithin’ contained in fenugreek seeds helps by imparting shine to your hair and also allows your tresses retain its natural colour. It efficiently treats problems related to sensitive scalp.”
- Crush a few fenugreek seeds in a bowl.
- Add almond oil and mix to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your eyebrows at bedtime.
- Wash it off in the morning.
Diet and Food to Grow Eyebrows Naturally
Eating a healthy diet goes a long way in making your eyebrows and hair to grow long, thick and dark. Foods provide nourishment and the necessary keratin protein for healthy and natural hair growth. So, will eyebrows grow back closer together with the right diet? What should I include in my diet?
Biotin rich foods
Biotin is a vitamin that helps hair growth. According to the U.S News, “Biotin is a B vitamin that promotes hair growth and overall scalp health. A deficiency can cause brittle hair.” It is a natural treatment for hair loss.
The best way to grow eye brows and hair naturally is to eat foods rich in biotin vitamin. Here are the best sources of biotin.
- Leafy vegetables e.g. kales, broccoli and cabbages.
Read more on how to use biotin for hair growth.
Other vitamins and foods
Other than vitamin H or biotin, other foods that promote hair growth include bananas, raisins, oats, lean red meat, foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, sweet potatoes and lots of fruits.
Vitamins such as Niacin (vitamin B3) and vitamin C are also good for promoting healthy natural hair growth. Ensure you eat foods rich in vitamin B3. These include tuna, chicken and turkey breasts, lean red meat, liver and pork chops.
Other tips to grow thicker eyebrows
If eyebrows are falling off, it is likely that you are overplucking or overtweezing. Waxing too often can also cause hair loss on your eyebrows. It is also known that some lotions can cause permanent eyebrow hair loss. Here are tips on how to make eyebrows grow out thicker and fuller.
1. Eyebrow and eyelash serum
A brow serum is a product that is made to stimulate growth of hair follicles above the eye. Some of the best serums contain peptides as ingredients that make hair to grow quickly. You can get these eyelash and eyebrow enhancement serums for cheap from drugstores. Here are some of the best serums to try:
- RapidBrow Enhancing Serum
- RapidLash Eyelash and Eyebrow Renewal Serum
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum
- Elixir Eyelash And Eyebrow Growth Activator
- Lash Allure MD Lash and Brow Enhancing Serum
2. Apply eyebrow powder
There are eyebrow growth powders that can help you grow fuller and thicker brows quickly. These are particularly very good if you are looking outside growing eyebrows naturally. If you plucked eyebrows for years or have undergone chemotherapy.
Thin, uneven and sparse eyebrows are not attractive at all. In order to boost the density of your brow hair, you can use hair growth products such as a good brow powder that sticks and nourishes and restores the volume. Here are some of the best eyebrow growth powders.
- Rapidbrow Eyebrow Enhancing Serum
- Rapidlash Eyelash Enhancing Serum
- Latisse Eyelash and Brow Growth Serum
3. Avoid wearing makeup
Aggressive face makeup can slow down the growth of your eyebrows. If you do a lot of brow makeups such as pencils and makeups that require thorough rubbing and vigorous disturbance of the hair follicles, you will end up with thin, sparse eyebrows.
- Reduce doing eyebrow makeups that may be harsh. These include brow hair dye that may contain harsh chemicals that will prevent eyebrows from growing long and fuller.
- If you have to use makeup, go for softer pencils and gentle tints.
- Also, try to avoid wearing brow makeup everyday if you want to grow eye brows back fast.
4. Avoid applying lotions and creams
Lotions and creams clog hair follicles. This prevents the ‘natural breathing process’ of hair and prevents your eyebrows from growing out long and healthy.
- Only use lotions and creams that help your brow hair grow.
- Avoid applying normal body lotions and creams on the skin above the eye.
- Instead, use eyebrow conditioners, Vaseline or serums that are meant to stimulate thicker hair growth.
5. Moisturize to thicken eyebrows
Dry skin on your eyebrow area is a good environment for eyebrow dandruff. Most people, especially men, don’t keep this skin moist. According to Allure Magazine, dry skin slows down the growth of hair. The best tip to having beautiful and thick eyebrows is to moisturize them.
“Underneath your brows is skin, which needs to be moisturized. Otherwise, you run the risk of dryness and flaking, which can make you look like you have dandruff in your eyebrows.” [AllWomenStalk]
- Avoid applying a normal face cream or moisturizer. This will clog pores and cause ingrown eyebrows and lashes. It will also slow hair strands from growing out.
- Use a lighter cream, and clean off regularly to prevent clogging. That way, you will get thicker brow hair and prevent hair from falling off.
Applying a moisturizer will also strengthen brow hair and promote their healthy growth. It works in a similar way as a healthy hydrated scalp does. Remember “to gently apply the lotion into your brows so you don’t risk pulling out hairs while you’re doing it. Instead of stroking, simply press the lotion several times over your brows to work the lotion under your hairs.” [Jessoshii.com]
6. Massage your eyebrows
Massage therapy improves blood circulation around the eyebrow area. This improves the supply of nutrients. Nourishing hair follicles around this area will stimulate faster hair growth. You can do the massage once or twice a day using a soft gel, coconut oil, castor oil etc.
- Put a little bit of a soft gel on your finger.
- Close your eyes.
- Massage the brow area with it gently.
- Massage in circular motions. Be careful not to break existing brow hairs (if it is coarse).
Repeat this remedy daily for quicker results.
7. Comb to stimulate hair growth
Brushing hair has its own benefits. Brushing hair “helps in stimulating the blood capillaries, thereby increasing the blood circulation and transportation of nutrients and oxygen to the stem, root and bulb of the hair.” [NewHealthGuide.org]
- Comb your eyebrows once every three days using a soft brush.
- Combing and brushing will stimulate hair growth by helping distribute natural oils.
- It will also help tame stray hairs that often break and fall off to leave you with patchy eyebrows.
How long does it take for eyebrows to grow back after plucking, tweezing or waxing?
How long will it take for eyebrows to grow back after tweezing, waxing, threading, shaving or overplucking? Does the process take too long? Although you will expect to see those hair follicles sprout quickly, you might want to train in a little patience.
According to Lifestyle9, the growth cycle of head hair is longer than that of brow hair. That means that head hair growth cycle is between 5 to 6 months but eyebrows may take a little shorter to grow back fully.
However, they go ahead to note that brow hairs “grow very slowly; approximately, it grows 1/3rd as fast as the growth of head hair.” Here are a few facts:
- Their growth rate is approximately 0.16mm per day
- Plucked brows grow back within between 56 to 73 days for adults
- In children below teenage years, they may take between 58 and 65 days for over tweezed eyebrows to grow back
- After threading, your brows may regrow after about 2 months.
Can you REGROW eyebrows after shaving?
Brow hair loss, shaving and waxing eyebrows can cause you to lose eye brow hair for a long time. We have seen above how long it takes for hair to grow back. People who have gone for chemotherapy may also suffer from hair loss, which will include brow hair loss. Can you regrow eyebrows after shaving or waxing? Do eyebrows grow back after shaving?
- According to the Beauty Editor, shaved eyebrows will “eventually grow in—your eyebrow follicles just need to be reminded to grow hair,…So if you are planning to grow in your eyebrows, then actually let them grow in. It can take three to six months, even a year, for slow-growing brows” to grow back.
Overplucked, overtweezed or poorly waxed eyebrows can take a long time to grow. You must learn to care for them in order to grow them back. Try natural ways of stimulating facial hair growth for quicker results after threading.
Note that if you are suffering from consistent eyebrow hair loss, you could be suffering from an underlying disease, such as Hertzoge’s sign, which, according to MSN’s Healthy Living, “is loss of hair on the outer third of the eyebrow…” that is normally attributed to hypothyroidism. Ensure that you know the cause of thin, sparse eyebrows before starting to get methods of curing the problem.
Sources and references
- Etopical: Vaseline for Eyebrows – Does Vaseline Help Eyebrows Grow Back Thicker, Fuller Faster?
- LucyBee: How Does Coconut oil Benefit Hair Growth?
- Etopical: Coconut Oil for Eyebrows – Does it Make Brow Hair Grow Thicker, Longer, Fuller?
- NDTV Food: 6 Amazing Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair, Skin & Weight-Loss
- Nature Helps: Onion Juice Mask. Hair Regrowth & Treatment. Best Recipes
- MD Health: Olive oil for hair growth
- AllWomenStalk: 7 Easy Ways to Care for Your Eyebrows
- New Health Guide: Benefits of Combing Hair